It's Baby Time - 1st Trimester is Complete

Well, as many of you know already, Joe and I have a little side project we've got in the works, making it's debut on or about February 26th next year. We are super-excited, scared, anxious, etc. about this, and can't wait to meet our little one! We found out on Father's Day weekend. Thankfully, I had a fairly easy first trimester - no morning sickness (hallelujah!), just some serious fatigue and a little nauseousness. I had an ultrasound a couple weeks ago, and there is definitely a baby with a heartbeat (162 bpm) in there. Here is a picture of our little bambino at about 10 weeks (I'm currently 14 weeks - baby is about the size of a navel orange). In the picture, it's face-up, with it's head near the bottom right, and feet near the top left. I'm pretty sure he or she was asleep during the ultrasound - fingers crossed that Baby D is a good sleeper on the outside of the womb.

Update on Joe - he is almost done with JASOC!!!! I am SO done with the "single life" and can't wait for him to get home. Thankfully, there is less then 2 weeks until graduation. He's been in Washington D.C. this week - I'm hoping he took some pictures that I can post later, but I'm seriously doubting that. He went to the Pentagon, the Supreme Court, a couple of military appeals courts where they all got sworn in, and ate some fancy dinners. They got to meet the TJAG (the top dog) and some other really important military people (maybe he can post some details about the trip later, since I'm not really sure about all the specifics).

Another big update is that he broke his foot about 2 weeks ago. I wish it was doing something exciting, but he just stepped on it wrong playing basketball. If you know Joe, you know how important physical fitness is to him, so it's killing him to be unable to train and run like normal. The cast is scheduled to come off in mid-September, but he will be on limited physical activity through at least mid-October. :(

I am extremely excited for the fall to get here. The weather should cool off nicely, and we will start getting visitors again. We love visits from family and friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in Sweet (Temporary) Home Alabama

Joe's First Day