Good Times in the Sunshine State

We are having a wonderful time in our new home! Since my last post, we have moved into our house and have already had our first set of visitors. Our furniture was delivered on May 3rd, and thankfully everything made the trip from Louisville to Navarre. We only had 2 "casualties" - a small glass and the flat screen TV from our bedroom. We wanted a new TV for our bedroom anyway, so we weren't too sad. Although, why did the movers think it was okay to pack a small flat screen in a box full of books?!?

I do have some exciting news - I got a job!! I am the new part-time bookkeeper at the thrift shop on base. The thrift shop is run by the Hurlburt Spouse's Club, and I have also taken a volunteer position as Secretary on the HSC board. So far, I've been keeping myself busy.

Joe is still loving his job. He really is excited about all that he's doing in the legal office. Hopefully this continues! He is gearing up to head to more training next month in Montgomery, AL. This will be a 9 week course, but I should be able to visit him unlike Officer Training School. Thankfully, Montgomery is only about 3 hours from our house, so he will be able to come home some weekends as well.

Joe's mom & step-dad came down and stayed with us about a week and a half ago, and my mom and step-dad just left yesterday. It was so great to have some familiar faces stay with us. We won't have much time to ourselves, as my sister and brother-in-law will be here next week! I'm really glad we are getting so many visitors - we still have some openings this summer, so just let me know when you want to visit. :D

Joe and I have both already had our first (and hopefully last) Florida sunburns. Tidbit to remember when you are down here - reapply, reapply, REAPPLY!!


Here is a picture I took from beautiful Navarre Beach.

Comments

  1. I love hearing your updates. We are thinking of a beach trip in September so maybe we will be traveling through your neck of the woods.
    Love to you both
    The Meffords

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would LOVE to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in Sweet (Temporary) Home Alabama

Joe's First Day