Better Late Than Never............Right?

Sorry it's been awhile since I last posted. :) Things have been just a little hectic over the past month, but I have a lot to report. Joe graduated from Commissioned Officer Training on April 9th!! I am so proud of him. Here is a picture of him in his dress blues - doesn't he look so handsome? I'm one lucky girl! :) He ended up doing really well both physically and academically. On his final PT test, he scored a 97.5 (out of 100). He was 3 seconds away from getting a perfect score on the run (and scoring 100% on the test). He got full marks on waist circumference, push-ups, and sit-ups. I think he did amazing, but of course, being the perfectionist that he is, he was disappointed that he missed out on a perfect score.



Here is a picture of us at the Dining Out the night before graduation. Dining Out is essentially a military formal, and was a lot of fun. Joe is wearing his "mess dress" in the picture. Wikipedia (as usual) does a good job explaining the military Dining Out here. The day following the Dining Out was graduation day. My mom, step-dad, and sister were also in attendance for the festivities (miss you guys!). There was a ceremony where various awards were given out, followed by a reception, then the graduation parade. Unfortunately, my camera stopped working, so I only have one picture of Joe and my step-dad Jim right before the ceremony.

As soon as graduation was over, Joe and I were on the road to our new home - Hurlburt Field! We love Florida so far, and I will post another update in a couple days of all that's gone on in the past week & a half. (Promise!) I'm hoping to get Joe on here to post some of his thoughts on OTS and his first (almost) 2 months in the USAF. God Bless!

Comments

  1. You both look so beautiful in your formal attire. We are so proud of you both. What an adventure! Thanks for serving our country. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Officer Training School: 1 Week Down, 4 More to Go

Back in Sweet (Temporary) Home Alabama